The SIRPA Summit 2019 was a great success, but if you couldn’t join us don’t worry, you haven’t missed out! You can download all 6 of the talks from our speakers, all of whom are SIRPA trained.
This SIRPA Summit was designed to provide talks based on interesting and helpful topics which would support individuals as they followed a mindbody approach to pain relief. Purchase now to listen to a collection of powerful talks by experienced health professionals and learn how you can relieve your pain without doubtful doctors and conventional methods.
We had some great feedback and here are a few of the comments we received:
- Thank you Georgie and Zoe so much for the great Online Summit that you arranged! It was full of god advice and valuable information! Please make more of those! Türkan Tuna
- I loved the variety of speakers and perspectives and the order of presentations was really well balanced. Also every speaker was beyond generous in sharing their ideas and experience and answering questions. The formula was excellent, being interactive and recorded – great to have the chance to listen again and pick up things I missed first time round. Carolyn Norgate
- Thank you so much for the Summit. There was a wealth of valuable information from a team of dedicated professionals committed to spreading the word about this insidious problem that underlies almost all chronic pain. The talks were not just an introduction to the subject but were filled with very actionable suggestions to bring about real healing from this still little known “disease”, TMS. Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate and contribute so generously. Nicola Quinn
- Thank you so much for putting the summit together. I really enjoyed listening to all of the speakers. In particular, I found the one on spirituality to be very interesting as this is not usually discussed, but is of vital importance. All the resources during the various talks were very helpful. It’s a lot of work putting together a conference like that. You are very much appreciated! Thanks again. Adersh O’Day
- Thank you again for arranging the summit. It was fantastic. A great learning experience for me as a practitioner. And I loved the fact that it addressed chronic pain, its causes and treatment approaches from so many angles and view points. I do hope you can organise another one. Brilliant CPD day! Well done. Nicola Race
- I think that the summit is a fabulous idea and I think that SIRPA is fantastic. I work in the area of pain but also experience chronic pain myself so it is beneficial for me on a number of levels. I found the journaling information very helpful and the talk on religion/culture and the use of mindfulness techniques. I am going to try to catch up now with some of the other talks. Thank you very much for facilitating this. Carole Sheridan
Talk Details and Timings
Dr Lizzie Croton – How to work with your doctor using the mind-body approach
Dr Lizzie Croton is a SIRPA practitioner and NHS GP. She explores the medical system and how you can incorporate the SIRPA approach within the traditional medical model.
Zoe Thompson – The Stories we Tell Oursleves, How Stories can Heal
What is the story you’re telling yourself about your pain and what impact does this have on your recovery? Perhaps you’re not even aware that there is a story. In this talk, hypnotherapist Zoe Thompson, explains how the subconscious mind uses stories and how you can use this same technique to harness your healing and help you recover.
Charlotte Walker – Unlocking Trauma Following an RTA or Fall to Avoid Pain Becoming Persistent
As an osteopath Charlotte Walker has often wondered why back pain following an RTA or fall doesn’t respond positively to manipulative osteopathic treatment. In this talk Charlotte explains why and how you can use SE (Somatic Experiencing trauma therapy) and the SIRPA approach to process the trauma and ensure your pain does not continue to persist.
Georgie Oldfield – Effective Journaling to help in Recovery from Chronic Pain
Journaling is just one of the strategies Georgie shares in her book, Chronic Pain: Your Key to Recovery but it’s often one which client’s have questions about. In this talk Georgie explores journaling in more detail, underlying best practices, common pitfalls and giving examples. You’ll leave this talk reassured that you’re gaining the most benefit from this wonderful self-directed strategy.
Emma Kemp – Religious Faith, Culture and MIndbody Approaches
Where does religious faith sit with the SIRPA Approach? Is it an easy fit or an uncomfortable one and how do our own cultural backgrounds help or hinder our engagement with this approach? Emma Kemp explores the question from her own Christian perspective.
Jim Prussack – Feel it to Heal It
Whatever we resist persists and whatever we embrace erase. In this talk Jim Prussack explains how to switch from resistance and reaction to openness and relaxation in the face of whatever health issues you are dealing with. Healing happens when we are open to feeling whatever is arising within us.