SIRPA’s Practitioner Training
Do you see clients whose lives are severely limited by chronic pain?
Would you like to help your clients resolve their symptoms rather than just ‘manage’ them?
Would you like to become part of a growing network of respected professionals helping to change people’s lives forever using a pioneering approach to resolving chronic pain?
Throughout the western world people suffer from severe pain which persists, despite current conventional and alternative treatments. This often destroys lives and livelihoods. The cost of chronic pain to the UK economy alone is billions of pounds a year.
Pain and the CNS
The acute pain of an injury is an unpleasant, but important, biological signal indicating tissue damage. We now understand though that where there is no underlying physical disease, such as cancer or an auto-immune disorder, chronic pain is actually created by the central nervous system, rather than the bodily location where the pain is felt to be. The triggers for the brain to create or cause pain to persist are many and varied. However, the adapted ‘stress’ response underlying this is unconscious and automatic, acting as a protective, or maladapted ‘fight or flight’ response.
Testimonial: “It’s great having such a competent and enthusiastic colleague in the UK” John E Sarno MD Professor in Rehabilitation Medicine, New York University School of Medicine and Pioneer in the field of Tension Myositis Syndrome (Stress-Induced conditions)
SIRPA’s approach is based on this cutting edge concept and uses a self-empowering educational approach, as well as numerous self-empowering strategies to address the central nervous system directly, via its ‘software’ – the mind. As the pain process itself is reversible full recovery is possible, no matter how severe or longstanding, therefore allowing individuals to take responsibility for their health, often with life-changing results.
“It was lovely! I went back over several of the lessons/videos many many times – the level of content was impressive! I’m very glad that I can go back and review as needed. The worksheets included are super helpful and handy, and my ability to communicate these concepts with my patients has *definitely* improved! Thank you Georgie for putting it together for us!” Katelyn Michals Acupuncturist
Testimonial: “A portable and comprehensive training that will benefit all practitioners looking to gain competence in this exciting field. The online format makes it easy for the trainee to learn at their own pace with continuous access to high quality training materials. This training will open your eyes to something that was there all along in your patients and consequently benefit them hugely in their healing journey” Dr Lizzie Croton GP
SIRPA’s mission is to engage health professionals, educate them about the SIRPA approach to chronic pain recovery and equip them with practical competencies necessary to shift their clients from living with pain to living without it. Chronic pain is now the world’s leading cause of disability, affecting 20-30% of the global population. By cultivating a community of ambassador-clinicians for the emerging curative paradigm, SIRPA aims to dramatically reduce human suffering in the world.
What will your investment include?
This practitioner training is delivered via an interactive online programme. This allows you to progress at your own pace and work within your current commitments. The training is delivered in two parts. The first part is the introductory course aimed at helping you become acquainted with the concepts and begin your SIRPA journey. The full practitioner course will then help you learn all you require to integrate this approach into your own work. Both levels of the practitioner training are packed full of videos, activities and additional resources. These will support you every step of the way, along with peer support and the option for clinical supervision.
As you work through these courses you will learn:
- The evidence and theory underpinning the neurophysiology of psychophysiological disorders
- The many possible manifestations resulting from a psychosocial cause
- How to identify a psychophysiological disorder and what red flags to watch out for
- Client assessment – theory, observation and experiential practice
- Understanding the treatment principles behind the SIRPA programme
- Theory and experiential practice of self-empowering strategies used in the SIRPA programme
- Supporting clients through their recovery
- Understanding possible barriers to recovery
- How to approach clients with the concept
- Basic marketing tips and practice-building tips, including how to reach out to a new audience
- A regular newsletter keeping you up to date with any relevant developments within this field.
This course is for you if you are:
- A Medical professional
- A Mental Health professional
- A Complementary therapist, or
- A Health Coach
- are looking to add value to your clients and practice
- have a full professional qualification
- are regulated by a respected professional body, and
- have up to date professional indemnity insurance
N.B. If you are not sure whether you fit these criteria and would like to discuss how you might be able to meet SIRPA’s requirements, please do get in touch.
When you sign up to the full practitioner course you gain immediate access to 2 months SIRPA membership for FREE. This provides you with access to additional resources available to SIRPA Practitioners and you can read about the benefits you will receive here. SIRPA membership will support your ongoing professional development and is a sign of competence and professionalism for your clients.
Sign Up to both courses NOW and receive the Introductory Course for FREE
N.B. Total cost for both courses individually would be £695 but sign up now and receive both for £556
(please contact us if you would like to split the payment into 2 monthly instalments)
Signing up to any of our training will also mean you receive our newsletter, keeping you up to date with developments within this field.
Level 1 - Introductory Course
- Understand why some clients keep coming back with new or recurring symptoms for no apparent reason, despite all you’ve tried
- Find out why the focus for so long has been on pain ‘management’ and why we are able to now focus on recovery
- Read the latest evidence and research in the treatment of chronic pain
- Gain clarity about potential underlying causes for your clients’ symptoms
- Gain a more in-depth understanding of the concept behind symptoms that are due to learned neural pathways and find out if this is the right approach for you
- Buy Now
Level 2 - Practitioner Course
- Become part of a growing group of professionals pioneering an exciting and often life-changing approach to resolving chronic pain
- Learn how to assess and support your clients through their recovery journey
- Gain a huge sense of job satisfaction by improving your client outcomes
- Benefit from being part of our supportive, professional community, passionate about making a difference
- Learn to be a leader in this ground-breaking field. (SIRPA’s practitioner training was the first course worldwide to provide training for health professionals interested in integrating this approach into their work with their own clients)
- PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Level 1 is a pre-requisite for access to our Level 2 SIRPA Practitioner Training
Not sure if this training is right for you? Book a place on our next Q&A Webinar with Georgie Oldfield
How will you benefit from completing our Level 1 & 2 SIRPA courses?
You will learn to:
- Competently help clients identify and understand stressors, links and triggers and recognise how these relate to their pain and other symptoms
- Understand and demonstrate the appropriate use of treatment tools/techniques taught on the courses and how to integrate these within your own work
- Competently and compassionately encourage self-empowerment with patients and confidently support them on their journey
- Incorporate a wide range of approaches and strategies enabling you to match your approach to your clients’ needs and improve your clinical outcomes
- Identify any risk factors, understand limitations and when to refer on a client who might be at risk
- Introduce this topic to clients using quality research, evidence and an in-depth understanding of the concept
- Support your clients through their recovery journey and in turn make a real life-changing difference
What will the SIRPA Practitioner training provide you with?
- A comprehensive, interactive and accredited CPD training programme
- Access to a comprehensive list of research studies and books which are relevant to this work
- Practical, experiential learning which you can then implement
- Access to a variety of media platforms to help you develop your understanding of this concept and approach
- An opportunity to go on to become a Licensed SIRPA Practitioner
- Assessment and treatment strategies appropriate to each client
- Opportunity for Clinical Supervision
- Ongoing peer support throughout the course and as you integrate this approach into your own work
- An opportunity to become part of a group leading the way in the treatment of Chronic Pain and other persistent health conditions
- Marketing support to help you develop your business
- Access to numerous SIRPA membership benefits including listing on the SIRPA ‘Find a Practitioner website (2 free months with the Practitioner Course from sign-up)
- Regular newsletter updates for health professionals
Choose from our course options below.
By purchasing SIRPA’s Level 2 Practitioner course you are confirming that you are qualified as one of the following; a medical professional, mental health professional, complementary therapist or a health coach. You are also confirming that you are currently regulated by a respected professional body and have up to date professional indemnity insurance.
SIRPA will not be held liable for anyone who undertakes this course who does not fit these criteria. All delegates must also be working within their own scope of practise as accepted by their own professional body. Any queries, please contact us.
About SIRPA and its founder, Georgie Oldfield MCSP
SIRPA was founded in 2010 by Physiotherapist, Georgie Oldfield MCSP. After coming across the work of Dr John E Sarno in 2007, which forms the foundations of the SIRPA approach, Georgie spent the next few years developing a specialism in this field. Having visited Dr Sarno and other Specialists in the US on a number of occasions, she has built strong ties with the US leaders, who are themselves developing their own PPD (Psychophysiologic Disorder) Association. SIRPA came about due to Georgie’s determination to raise the profile of this approach. She felt this would happen more easily by training other Practitioners, who would then be able to reach out to even more people.
Georgie’s aim was also to provide the SIRPA training to help other Professionals more easily learn to integrate this approach within their own work. As well as developing SIRPA, Georgie works clinically, gives talks and writes widely about the concept. In 2014 she published her first book, ‘Chronic Pain: your key to recovery’. Georgie also organised and hosted the first two conferences in this field outside the United States. Both of these were held at the Royal Society of Medicine in London in April 2015 and October 2017.
SIRPA is committed to your complete satisfaction with our services. If, for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied with our practitioner training, we offer a 100% money back guarantee. This is available from 30 days after the purchase of the course. In the unlikely occasion that this does ever occur we will aim to gain an understanding of your reasons to request your money back, in order to continue to improve our services.