We are currently developing this training as an online course.
We aim to have this ready by Summer 2018.
To be kept up to date about the online training
please sign up for our health professional newsletter HERE
Do you see clients whose lives are severely limited by chronic pain?
Would you like to help your clients resolve their symptoms rather than just ‘manage’ them?
Would you like to become part of a growing network of respected professionals helping to change people’s lives forever using a pioneering approach to resolving chronic pain?
Throughout the western world people suffer from severe pain which persists, despite current conventional and alternative treatments, often destroying lives and livelihoods. The cost of chronic pain to the UK economy alone is billions of pounds a year.
Pain and the CNS
The acute pain of an injury is an unpleasant, but important, biological signal indicating tissue damage. However, we now understand that where there is no underlying physical disease, such as cancer or an auto-immune disorder, chronic pain is actually created by the central nervous system, rather than the bodily location where the pain is felt to be. The triggers for the brain to create or cause pain to persist are many and varied, but the adapted ‘stress’ response underlying this is unconscious and automatic and acts as a protective, or maladapted ‘fight or flight’ response.
SIRPA’s approach is based on this cutting edge concept and uses a self-empowering educational approach, as well as numerous self-empowering strategies to address the central nervous system directly, via its ‘software’ – the mind. As the pain process itself is reversible full recovery is possible, no matter how severe or longstanding, therefore allowing individuals to take responsibility for their health, often with life changing results.
SIRPA’s mission is to engage health professionals, educate them aout the SIRPA approach to chronic pain recovery and equip them with practical competencies necessary to shift their clients from living with pain to living without it. Chronic pain is now the world’s leading cause of disability, affecting 20-30% of the global population. By cultivating a community of ambassador-clinicians for the emerging curative paradigm, SIRPA aims to dramatically reduce human suffering in the world.
What will your investment include?
This course is delivered via an interactive online programme packed full of videos, activities and with additional resources to support Practitioners as they begin integrating this approach into their own work. Included in the course will be:
- The theory underpinning the neurophysiology of psychophysiological disorders
- The many possible manifestations of a psychosocial cause
- How to identify a psychophysiological disorder and what red flags to watch for
- Client assessment – theory, observation and experiential practice
- Understanding the treatment principles behind the SIRPA programme
- Theory and experiential practice of self-empowering strategies used in the SIRPA programme
- Supporting clients through their recovery
- Understanding possible barriers to recovery
- Practical assignments between the modules
- How to approach clients with the concept
- Basic marketing tips and suggestions to reach out to a new audience
Additional resources available to SIRPA Practitioners after the course include membership of SIRPA which includes a number of benefits, you can read about it here. The membership is designed to support your ongoing professional development, and will be discussed in more detail within the online Practitioner training.
This course is for you if you are:
- A Medical professional
- A Mental Health professional
- A Complementary therapist, or
- A Health Coach
- have a full professional qualification
- are regulated by a respected professional body, and
- have up to date professional indemnity insurance
N.B. Acceptance on the programme is at the discretion of SIRPA and it’s advisory board
How will you benefit from completing this course?
- Learn the wide ranging causes of stress-induced conditions and the variety of conditions which are often psychophysiological.
- Learn to competently help clients identify and understand stressors, links and triggers and recognise how these relate to their pain and symptoms.
- Learn to understand and demonstrate the appropriate use of treatment tools/techniques taught on the course and how to integrate these within your own work.
- Learn to competently and compassionately encourage self empowerment with patients and confidently support them on their journey.
- Learn to recognise any risk factors and understand limitations and when to refer on a client who might be at risk.
- Learn to be a leader in this ground breaking field – (SIRPA’s practitioner training was the first course worldwide to provide training for health professionals interested in integrating this approach into their work with their own clients.)
- Become part of a growing group of professionals pioneering an exciting and often life-changing approach to resolving chronic pain and making a real difference.
- Be able to help your clients recover, rather than just ‘manage’, their pain.
- Gain a huge sense of job satisfaction by improving your patient outcomes.
What does the SIRPA Practitioner training provide?
- A good understanding of the concept of stress-induced conditions and many research studies relevant to this work.
- An understanding of the wide ranging causes of stress illness and to learn how to competently help a client develop an understanding of their own personal stressors and triggers and how it relates to their own pain/symptoms.
- An understanding of the many possible stress-induced symptoms, recognition of possible red flags and how to ensure anything more serous has been ruled out before working with a client.
- Demonstrates the appropriate use of treatment strategies and techniques taught on the course and how to integrate these within your own work.
- Provides time for experiential work, including; practical assessments, use of strategies and follow up support via SIRPA’s membership programme and peer support.
- Allows time to discuss how to competently support patients along their recovery journey, encouraging understanding and self-empowerment.
- An understanding of any risk factors and to recognise your own limitations and when to refer on a client who might be at risk.
About SIRPA and its founder, Georgie Oldfield MCSP
SIRPA came about due to Georgie’s determination to raise the profile of this approach, which she felt would come about more easily by training other Practitioners who would then reach out to even more people. Her aim was also to provide the SIRPA training to help other Professionals learn to integrate this approach within their own work, without having to go to the time, expense and effort she had to, due to the lack of training and awareness of this concept in Europe.
Apart from her training through SIRPA, Georgie runs her own clinical practice and regularly speaks about her work to both the public and health professionals.
SIRPA is committed to your complete satisfaction with our services. If, for any reason, you are not entirely satisfied with our services, we offer a 100% money back guarantee which is available from 30 days after the first day of the course you attend. In the unlikely occasion that this does ever occur we will aim to gain an understanding of your reasons to request your money back, in order to continue to improve our services